Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Birthday cake

Yesterday was my friend Mark's birthday and I told him that I would make whatever kind of cake he wanted.

He asked for something with chocolate and peanut butter so I whipped up this little delight.
It is a dark chocolate and peanut butter flourless chocolate torte, a variation of a recipe that I used when making desserts at the hotel on Saba. And just to add a few extra calories I topped it with a peanut butter ganache frosting.
It was almost too obnoxiously rich to eat but the party guests seemed to manage choking it down.
It turned out so well I am making another one this morning to take to the family's house for Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Alan said...

BIRTHDAY CAKE!!! awesome!

Unknown said...

Good job

I hope I can make a birthday cake for my boyfriend..