Friday, May 7, 2010

I almost got Beat Up today

So I had to go out to Virginia into "the burbs" to run some errands and buy a wedding gift today and.....

as I was checking out at the local "Specialty Store" with my gift the cashier told me the total was $76.21. I reached into my pocket and gave her $81.26.

She told me "No, no you gave too much moonee" I replied "Yes, I know. I gave you an extra dollar and penny because I don't want singles and the pennies back".

She looked at me with confusion and curiosity in her eyes and tried to return the single dollar and penny.

I told her to just simply put in the amount into the big machine and it will tell you how much I get back!

She tried again to return the dollar and the penny at which point I commented to the customer behind me...

"and I thought the Chinese were good at Math" while chuckling to myself.

Well the customer scoffed and said to me "My husband is Viatnamese"

I said "I'm sorry" to which she replied "Well, you should be!"

I said "No, honey. I meant I'm sorry that your husband is Viatnamese"

I rapidly got my $5 and nickel back and literally ran for the car, locked the doors and sped away.

3 comments:

Barbara Schick said...

too funny

Anonymous said...

im sorry that you didn't get beat.

Tarynne Wise said...

lol. no matter what race... it's sad that people can't figure that out in their head, or the younger generation (i'm not being mean, i'm part of it.. but i can do math, lol) cant do math without caculators! people never cease to amaze me.