Thursday, April 29, 2010

OK, so I cried today

I had to go into Alexandria today and was traveling down the parkway which is right along the river and as I rounded the bend I saw a Mama Duck and her babies trying to cross the divided four lane highway ahead of me.

As I slowed down this JERKY car in front of me ran over the mother and the little babies started scurrying all over the road.

I slammed on the brakes and this JERKY driver behind me blared on the horn and nearly rear ended me and as I stopped braking I ran over one of the baby ducks.

I barely made it to the nearest exit when I burst into tears.

I'm sorry poor little baby ducklings. I really didn't mean it.

And to all of you JERKY drivers who are in such a rush to get to wherever you are going, why don't you stop and take a break and appreciate life!

2 comments:

iml said...

what will happent to these helpless orphan ducklings? All alone to fend for themselves. Against the elements and predators.

Anonymous said...

why didn't you help the remaining ducklings?