Friday, March 19, 2010

And the "Big Saban Adventure" comes to a close

Yesterday I arrived back home to DC to start a new chapter in my life.

Nearly 18 months ago I sold everything I owned and packed a couple of suitcases, crated the dogs and birds and left DC on a one way ticket to Saba to start a new life. And although Saba is a wonderful place to be and to live I have felt the constant tug pulling me back "home" for quite a while and that urge has finally won out and brought me home again.

I will truly miss Saba and the life I created but know in my heart that I need to be here for family and personal reasons.

So once again I put my entire life into one suitcase and packed up Baxter in his crate for the long journey home again.

I'm not sure whether I will continue writing in THIS blog or start a new one. Perhaps I'll just change the name to something like "MyBigHomelessandUnemployedAdventure" but we'll see.

Check back soon and I'll update as things go along.

For now my plan is to sleep for a day or two and shed a couple of tears and then focus on the future moving forward.

Happy Friday from (no longer Saba) DC.

5 comments:

Doug Johnson said...

Welcome home Chris!

Anonymous said...

ohhh! sorry to hear that you left. Saba is a hard place to live in, especially when there a big exciting wide world calling out there.
All the best for your new slice of life.
Sabine

Beth Skipper said...

Welcome home Chris, welcome home. You have been missed.

Leonardo said...

Just heard! Welcome home! We've missed you! Don't be a stranger!

Anonymous said...

Lets hear the rest of the story after you left. Sorry that you left Saba and we will miss you!
Geoff and Karen