Thursday, March 5, 2009

Why I love Saba!

Our car has been acting up lately. When we start it up in the morning and head down the mountain for work it rattles and makes this heavy vibration noise which bugs the crap out of me.
I was convinced that our exhaust system was about to fall off so we took the car down to the local mechanic to check things out. He confirmed that there was some rust on the exhaust pipe and it had separated from the muffler.

I asked him what it was going to cost for a "new system" and he looked at me like I was from Mars.

He said that he would weld the pieces back together and that would fix the problem for (at least) the next year or two.

Paul picked up the car and paid the tab ($65 TOTAL) and things are great again.

I can only imagine the freakin' crooks at the Lexus dealership in DC saying that the repair would be something like $1,400 because our warranty was no longer valid. Hmmmmnnnnn........

1 comment:

Sabarickymartin said...

You have the greatest stories I swear I love it lol