Monday, November 17, 2008

Beachcombing for Treasures!

Paul and I decided to take a break from "all this hard work" and go beachcombing along Wells Bay. Although Hurricane Omar wasn't quite so bad for the island, it did do some damage under water and broke away a bunch or coral and sponges.

We walked along the bay looking for things and found a whole bunch a sponges, fan coral, brain coral. I am thinking that I can use them for an island shabby chic look in the new house or maybe package them in some cute little bags and sell them to some trendy store in Manhattan. Hmmn. Or I could just put them to good use in the shower as a loofah.

After working up a good sweat, we spent the rest of the day getting tanned, swimming and floating around in our el cheapo floatie which barely has enough air in it to keep my fat ass on the surface. And enjoying some ice cold beer and sangria.

No comments: