Saturday, December 27, 2008

Boxing Day on Saba

It seems as if Boxing Day is "the bigger" day to celebrate here on Saba. December 26th started off the champagne at breakfast by the pool followed by going house to house visiting relatives, friends, or for that matter, anyone who's door happened to be open.

The grand finale of the day was going to the Eugenius Johnson Centre to dance, celebrate and listen to The Occassionals play.

I asked how they came up with their name and the response I got was that they only play occassionally. Hmmn, so I thought it would be funny to start refering to them as The Every Once in a Whiles and then I got "even more clever" I came up with The Every Now and Thens.

One of the members of the band is Jonathan who happens to be the Governor of Saba. He plays this thing that looks like a cheese grater with a fork that scrapes along the edge. We laughed at the thought that if his gig as Governor didn't work out, he could always get a job at the pizza parlor putting cheese on the toppings. Funny at the time, yes.

I have to say that I was amazed by my wit but now, this morning, I think I'm more embarrassed by my obnoxious-ness. It may have been moderately humorous the first or second time, but 14 times?? Chris, put down the cocktail and close your mouth.....

All in all, I had an awesome day and was a happy camper.

1 comment:

LAMama-MSDad said...

What was Twiggy doing on Saba?