Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Eve Dinner Menu

Paul put the finishing touches of our Christmas Eve prix fixe dinner menu and I got them posted around the island to boost some reservations for the night.

We are offering a four course meal with the following choices:

APPETIZER SELECTION:
Tuna Tartare with a soy-ginger dipping sauce and potato crisp
Lobster & Corn Chowder
Pork and Pistachio Pate with cranberry relish and Dijon Aioli

SALAD:
Mixed Field greens with spiced candied walnuts, dried cranberries and a bleu cheese & champagne vinaigrette

ENTREE:
Herb Roasted chicken breast with natural Jus with a sage & sausage stuffing & candied carrots
Seared Tenderloin of Beef with a rosemary-port wine sauce with Potato pave & broccoli-cauliflower florets
Grilled wild Salmon with mustard vinaigrette and mashed sweet potatoes and Country style green beans

DESSERT:
Cranberry Cheesecake
"Milk and Cookies" which is Homemade Spiced Rum Eggnog and Oatmeal Raisin cookies
Flourless Chocolate-Esspresso Torte with a warm cherry compote

You'd think that I would be as big as a house by now with all this food around but I find that when you're preparing it in the kitchen all day you kind of lose your appetite.

I weighed myself this morning and am down 26 lbs. Only one more pound to go and I will be under the #200lb. mark for the first time in nearly 7 years!!

Pretty soon I may actually be presentable on the beach.....

2 comments:

LAMama-MSDad said...

"You'd think that I would be as big as a house by now with all this food around but I find that when you're preparing it in the kitchen all day you kind of lose your appetite."

Why does this work for everyone but me. I'm steady eating the whole time I cook. Thus, my excuse for not cooking!

Doug Johnson said...

I am glad your retirement is improving your waist line. It did nothing for mine.