Saturday, December 13, 2008

My New Mantra

Our friend Jody sent me this quote which I've now adopted as mine.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather one should aim to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, glass of Scotch in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! Man, what a ride!"

Seriously, I think this is the way that we should all live our lives and not get all screwed up about things like traffic, work, politics, family tensions, etc.

2 comments:

LAMama-MSDad said...

the longer you're in Saba, the more you're outlook is sounding like pauline's. this is meant as a compliment, ...from someone at his desk on a Sunday aft at 2PM.

:(

Barbara Schick said...

Hi,
I'm one of Paul's many cousins, Barbara. We live in San Antonio, Texas. I love reading your blog about what you all are doing and enjoy it so much that sometimes I go back and read some parts over so I can laugh again any vicariously enjoy your island adventures.
The quote about "life" with chocolate in one hand and scotch in the other is one I try my best to live by. Why not, we've only got this one chance to enjoy.
Keep on blogging (with pictures) Barbara