Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's NOT a Poinsettia but....

.....it's my Prickly Pear in bloom!

You may remember this piece of Cactus (or is it Cacti?, oh well, Who really cares) that I got after the Hurricane blew through Saba. When we moved up to the house on Booby Hill Paul planted it in this outcropping of rocks at the edge of the cliff. Well it has taken root and already started blooming! I'm calling it my Island Poinsettia....


Paul and I are enjoying our Christmas morning on the deck with coffee in hand and Christmas songs on the I-Pod. It is warm and sunny here today with highs in the low 80's.


Later we'll go down to the restaurant to begin preparing the "feast" for tonight's dinner for 22 people.


Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas from Saba!

1 comment:

LAMama-MSDad said...

Hey Pookie, email me your phone number and a time to call. I started to call yesterday, but didn't know how to reach.

Troy