Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Big Birthday Surprise

Yesterday I got the whole day off to celebrate my birthday. The morning was spent scuba diving, the afternoon, a nice quiet quick little nap on the deck all by myself and then in the evening, my birthday party!

There were about 75 people there and most everyone chipped in for a surprise "group gift" for me. A brand new Peugeot motor scooter. It has 125 cc's in the engine which means absolutely nothing to me. All I care is that it is red which matches my blood shot eyes, my laptop computer and the cute little red cape that it came with as an accessory.

Paul had permanent markers ready for folks at the party "autograph" the helmet.

Now I'm all ready to go zooming up and down the mountain in my own set of wheels. But before I can do that I need to learn how to drive it, take a motorcycle test and get my new class of driver's license.

All in all it was a perfect way to spend the day and thanks to Paul and everyone else who made it perfect!

Happy 364 days until the big "4-5" next July first.....

1 comment:

Julia in DC said...

Looks like a perfect gift and sounds like pretty perfect day. Hello and happy birthday....Julia in DC