Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nipple Cookies

I got home late last night after a nice evening with my family in Annapolis. Everyone brought some homemade goodies for "the feast".

Driving home I felt about as stuffed as a blood tick but couldn't help myself by sidling up to the table for 2nds, well OK, thirds........

The Fries family spread included Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Corn Pudding, Fresh Corn on the Cob, Fried Chicken, Hamburgers, beets, key lime pie, chocolate chocolate cake and Hershey Kiss Cookies.

Speaking of Hershy Kiss Cookies, that reminded me of a story about them from a couple of years ago. My sister had gone to pick up my nephew from soccer practice at school one crisp Fall day. She was wearing a light weight polo shirt and the weather had turned decidedly cool when she got there. Now keep in mind that she is the PTA, Brownie, Boy Scout, Soccer Mom, Booster Club Poster Child.

She walked around greeting all the boys and the coach with her spirited enthusiasm and when she got into the car my nephew immediately sulked to the back of the minivan. She asked him what was wrong and he replied

"Mom, I can't believe you actually talked to everyone in, well, in YOUR CONDITION!"

She asked him what he meant and he pointed to her chest area and exclaimed

"Mom!, you KNOW what I'm talking about"

Thinking this was absolutely ridiculous she arrived the next day at practice to pick him up with a big plate of goodies and went around asking the boys and the coach whether they would like a, you guessed it,

NIPPLE COOKIE!!

No comments: