Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year, 2009

Yesterday Paul and I spent much of the day prepping for the big New Year's Dinner at Tropic's. Everything was perfectly planned for reservations and times and we felt that things were going to be perfect for the night. Unfortunately, "our guests" decided that their alloted reservation times were flexible and it was OK to arrive at any old FUCKING time they wanted to. The outcome was that we had a full house ALL at the same time. Paul was crazy in the kitchen and LeAnna and I were nuts in the front of the house. All in all, everything went OK but by 11:30pm, we were all exhausted as the midnight party began.

Paul suggested that we just go home and go to bed BUT I refused and said that we HAD to go back.

It was a good decision on my part that we partake in the festiviites because we ended up having a great time.

After all, I had to roll out my new All White shoes for the party. I had Johanna pick up this really cool pair of white flip flops in St. Maarten a couple of weeks ago and they were a big hit. Unfortunately, several people had the same idea. Thank God I wasn't walking the red carpet in L.A.!!! Wim and Johanna put off an awesome fireworks display that lasted nearly 40 minutes. Simply fantastic!!!

My friend Mis had a great time as well. Here we are "posing" against the "all white wall" for the "all white party" Don't you just love my "2009 tiara???" - Queer, I know.....


This morning we woke up and had a great Bloody Mary breakfast poolside and Paul surprsied me with this awesome Raymond Weil watch as my New Year's gift.

Off we go shortly to Brigadoon restaurant for our New Year's dinner as we're closed today and celebrating the "day off".


Happy 2009 from SABA!

No comments: