Saturday, January 17, 2009

Monserrat, "A Cloudy Day" today

Today the winds were blowing from the South and the island Monserrat was not being very happy today and was belching a good bit of volcanic ash. That resulted in what appeared to be an overcast and "cloudy" afternoon and sunset.

It did make for a pretty awesome sunset though. Wish I had my camera with me to share it with you (so I had to borrow this image from another Dusty Sunset)

Our dive group checked in today. All but 2 guys made it over by the last flight just before dark. (Saba airport doesn't have any lighting so air service to the island stops at dark)

They had their Welcome Meal at Tropics and all enjoyed! I got a kick out of some of the conversations going on at the table. A couple of guys were actually comtemplating "not diving" on Tuesday so they could watch the swearing in of Obama. I guess I'm not that interested in History. Does that make ME shallow or them ANAL??? I wonder... There I go again.

1 comment:

TonyG said...

Chris baby, this inauguration is like nothing you have ever seen before. I'm afraid the whole world is watching, even in Saba. The town has gone nuts. Hey, great photos, love the ash shooting into the air.