Saturday, January 3, 2009

Slithering, Slippery and Slimy SNAKES!!

OK, so I have to admit my mortal fear of snakes. I can't quite pinpoint where this fear has come from but I just simply go into an absolute panic at the very thought of coming across one. Now, I am quite fond of the Trouser Python but the ones that aren't attached to a human torso send me into a tailspin.

That said, Paul was outside on Wednesday and saw the only native snake to Saba, the Red Bellied Racer Snake sunning himself at the entrance to our laundry room below the house - ON THE INSIDE!

He came inside and told me about it and I asked him if he got it out. He said "no because it went under the washing machine". I'M THE ONE who does the laundry in this household so he now has to go down there each day to "secure" the room before I can go in and do my chores. The thought of this thing peeking his nasty little head out from under the washer and nibbling on my toes is enough to make me drink - MORE.

So, naturally the story is told around the restaurant and this morning and Travis goes to the store and buys this crappy little rubber snake and strategically places on the rack behind the bar where the guests checks are clipped and then asks me to check his balance on his bar tab for him. I go around the bar and reach for the clipboard and, well, you've never seen a 43 year old "girly" man jump and scream so far and so fast. Travis, you bastard.

Everyone had a good ol' belly laugh at my expense but you all just wait. You may not know when or where but watch your backs.........

1 comment:

TonyG said...

You are not alone, I would have left the island if I got that close to a snake.

Saw the blog about New Year's Eve. Like I said if I ever get down there, I can wash the dishes at least and do the clean up.

Just contacted The 3 Wilders I may, lost shots though,have two potential clients.

Will email on your regular email address.

Tony