Saturday, May 30, 2009

Chris is IN DC!

It's all been hush hush about my trip to DC to surprise my Mom for her 70th birthday party... until now!

I left Saba on Thursday morning and from the time I arrived at the airport the fun has not stopped! We get down to the runway on Saba only to see lots and lots of people around, just standing and waiting. Now this is somewhat uncommon since only one flight comes in and out at a time and the plane only holds 20 or so passengers. My flight was due to leave at 9:50am. I then find out that the 7am flight has not even taken off and the airline was trying to "fix the broken down plane". That doesn't bode well for anyone's confidence.

Our flight does finally get off the ground and make it to St. Maarten around lunch time which was plenty of time for the connection to Miami on American Airlines. It's NOT until we are on the plane and taxi-ing down the runway does the announcement come on saying we need to land in Puerto Rico for refueling but they'll "do their best" to make up time in the air so everyone could make their connections..... Bull Shit!

We did arrive in Miami around 7pm which meant I would have never made it through customs, immigration, baggage claim and back to the connection. The good thing is that I had already planned an overnight there to visit my friend, Karen so all worked out.

Friday morning, I'm back at Miami International airport at 7am to catch the flight up to DC. Not having any coffee yet and a limited amount of sleep I look at my ticket and proceed to gate C11 for my flight. Once I sit down to wait a few minutes I realize there aren't any people around. A few minutes later I look at my ticket only to realize that MY SEAT is 11C, not C11 and my gate departure is D47. Holy Fuck!

Time of revelation - 7:59am Time of boarding at Gate D47 - 8:05am

Now imagine a super pissed off (at myself) middle aged gay man with no caffeine in his system doing the "party trot" through the isles nearly 3/4 of a mile to make it to Gate D47 just as they are closing the doors and sealing off the plane.......

3 comments:

Sabarickymartin said...

ok this is not fair and not a soap opera lol you need to finihs the story dag nabbit lol

philly said...

oh, sure, you're playing on your blog and your 4 sisters are hauling tables, chairs, coolers and ice and sweating their boobs off!

LOL

Jenny said...

And I fly across the country for Mom's birthday and all she can talk about is her beloved Chris coming home. I guess things don't change much in 44 years. Yes, everyone Chris is not 40- something, he's 44 on July 1. So officially pushing age 50 now. The little punk.