Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Decor for Tropics Cafe

Paul found these hand blown art glass plates on the internet and thought they would look great at the restaurant.

They do actually look pretty cool and gives a nice contemporary look to the place.

Several people have asked whether they are Dale Chihuly art glass and naturally I lie and tell them "Why yes they are"! Only the best for Tropics Cafe here on Saba.....

Now I have a question for you; If (and that's a big fat IF) I was in the position to acquire 4 authentic Dale Chihuly art plates, why in the Hell would I place $20,000 - 30,000 worth of them in an open air restaurant where a wind gust could blow them down and some clumsy patron would want to "touch" them and knock it off the wall???

I guess people really are "that naive".

Happy hot and sunny Saturday from Saba.

1 comment:

Sabarickymartin said...

They look awesome I see a theme here with those and your costume aahaha