Friday, September 11, 2009

Cow Wreck Beach Bar and Shark Hunting


Yesterday morning we headed out to another beach area that has this local bar called Cow Wreck. We actually saw hoof prints in the sand leading up to the bar when we arrived. The setting is just beautiful and we had a nice time enjoying the beach, the water and lunch there.


It's the type of place that offers ice cold beer and campy signage all over the place

like these bumper stickers from around the globe and

"pirate" themed innuendo posters.

Once back we got treated to another spectacular sunset looking towards Virgin Gorda with the clouds brilliantly lit up!

This morning I decided to pass on another beach day and spent my time reading yet another book. Half the group went off to the dunes and the rest went fishing for Lobster trap bait. Now I had no idea what that entailed so when I saw them coming back towards the dock I jumped up and went down to see what they got.......... Ummmn, BAD IDEA.

In the bottom of the boat was this Eagle Ray that just happened to deliver her 4 little baby Eagles once she was "landed" into the boat and

this 5+ foot Nurse Shark that was still "breathing" on the dock. His poor little gills were still going in and out.

Now I know full well that this is the Law Of The Land and things like this need to be used to make a living but I'm the one who still cries watching a sappy movie. Although I do it in private so not to disrupt my macho and stoic exterior that I present to the outside world.

It broke my heart though seeing that!

2 comments:

Barbara Schick said...

You're right, that was very sad, especially about the baby eagles.

sabine Watkins said...

:(