Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Little Scooter Mishap

Another fun filled day on Saba!

So yesterday I decided to take the new scooter out for a little ride around town now that it is "all legal" with my learner's permit, insurance and new tags in place. It started to rain a bit which made the roads slick.

I was headed up this pretty steep hill and hit a clump of wet leaves, fish tailed around and slammed into the wall! Being so focused on trying not to go over the edge of the cliff I didn't pay any attention to the fact that my hand was still on the throttle at full speed so the little red devil spun around on its side with me under it.

A nasty gash on my knee, road rash abrasions all over and a broken toe later I made it up the hill.

This morning I woke to a very sore body with aches, pains and bruises from top to bottom.

Lessons learned: Don't try to navigate steep (and wet) hills. Don't wear flip flops when driving a scooter.

1 comment:

Barbara Schick said...

Kiss, kiss. Now it's all better.
BE MORE CAREFUL