Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cargo Containers and Prickly Pears

Paul and I were speculating as to when we may see our crap that we shipped down here. The international shipping folks in Florida said a partial container was sent early last week for delivery to St. Maarten and then ultimately to Saba. After reading the newspaper from this week and seeing photos of the damage on St. Maarten from Hurricane Omar, I wonder if "OUR" container is the red one on its side half submerged in the water. Hmmnnn....
No wonder they haven't responded to our emails.



On a lighter note from Omar, I came across a huge prickly pear cactus that had been knocked over from the storm and the guys cleaning up the yard gave Paul a branch of it for me to plant! Hopefully I can put my green thumb to use on Saba (unlike our lovely yard in Falls Church that I abandoned). I promise to show progress photos of my Prick - ly Pear as it grows.
Oh now get your mind out of the gutter........

No comments: