Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Seven Year Itch

Yesterday marked the 7th anniversary of the day I met Paul. We joked about the 7 year itch and I had to remind him that happened between years 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 so we're in the clear.

We spent the day getting prepped for our fist offical Sunday Brunch at the restaurant. Paul did food inventories and got the menus prepared with Eggs Benedict, Stuffed French Toast and lots of other goodies.

My job was to make the breakfast breads and cakes. So far I have Zuchini Chocolate Chip Bread, Spiced Pumpkin Bread and Fresh Fig Banana Cake with a cream cheese frosting. Today's goal is "inside out" walnut and marshmallow sticky buns, Key Lime Cheesecake and other tasty treats.

Paul and I celebrated our anniversary with a great dinner at the Eco-Lodge which is tucked into the base of the rain forest about another 700 feet higher up the mountain. It's a great earth friendly lodge and you dine by candlelight without any electricity. You have to park at the end of the main road leading up to Mount Scenery and then walk for about 10 minutes through the woods with flashlights to get there.

Well, back "to work" on my bakery items......

1 comment:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like the blog.
It is very beautiful
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from Portugal