Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween on Saba: That's NOT the Geico Ghecko

Halloween on Saba started off with a jolt. After running some errands I dropped by the shack (cottage) to let the dogs out and drop off some things.
While I was putting some dishes in the cabinet a ghecko jumped on my neck and went down my shirt. Naturally I screamed like a little school girl.
While I was trying to get my shirt untucked to get this monster creature out I could only imagine its sheer size and demeaner and that I would have claw marks down my back. How silly did I feel when I realized it was only a 2 inch long spotted ghecko and totally harmless.
Silly boy I am..............

2 comments:

Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Chris,
Interesting blog! I liked of your thoughts and reflections, some of them nice.
Have a good Halloween.
Regards from Brazil:
Geraldo

Unknown said...

ok Just to clear things up, it's an Anole, and this genus only occurs on Saba, holy smokes, get with the program. Males are spotted....