Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tropics Cafe

Waking up this morning to the entire island in a cloud bank with rain was kind of cool to see. You could barely see anthing at all!

Paul and I are spending some time this morning going through and hammering out all the details on the restaurant lease for Tropics Cafe. Our friends, Wim and Johanna own the hotel that we've stayed for the last several years and they want to turn over the restaurant portion of their business so Paul and I will take over food and beverage operations as of Dec. 1st!

The restaurand and bar is an "open air" place overlooking the pool with ocean/sea views down the mountain.

The current menu is island typical and we are planning to change it around a bit and offer mostly fresh fish and steaks but keep it pretty simple but nice.

It's somewhat amusing to think that more than 20 years ago I swore I'd never work in a restaurant or bar again and now at the tender age of 43 years old, I will be waiting tables again. Or as Johanna introduces me as the "new Gay-tress" for Tropics.
Come on down and I'll fix you the famous Tropics Jungle Juice at the bar. It is quite tasty, trust me I know. At least until the next morning :)

2 comments:

LAMama-MSDad said...

Wow. Good news. Tropics was the on of the best parts of my Saba experience. Please don't frick around with the Tuna sammich. I LOVE the sammich!

DineSXM said...

Greetings from St. Maarten!

I'm guessing you'll change the hours of operation too? ;)

"Dinner Menu: Served from 630 am - 830 pm"

Norbert - DineSXM