Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New Car, New House

Our "not so new" car arrived on the cargo container this morning from St. Maarten. Paul and I rode down with our friend, Travis who works at the Harbor Master's office in Fort Bay. When I opened up the passenger side door I noticed the smells of salt air but didn't think much of it until I sat down and quickly realized my ass was wet.




The side window had been left open a bit and some of the swells and ocean waves came through and got the side door and seat all wet. So, for now I will just imagine we spent the day at the beach and rode home with wet bathing suits. Here is Paul washing all the salt water off the car.

We went to the government offices to get our license plates, insurance certificates and stickers. Our total insurance bill FOR THE YEAR was less than $150.00. A far cry from the multi-thousand dollar bill we paid at home for the 2 other cars. You definitely know we're living on a small island when your license plate is #126!

Driving back up the hill from The Bottom I took these photos of the main road. Now ONLY if the car was a convertible and I had a long scarf, I could dress up like Isadora Duncan for Halloween and drive around Saba.


Or maybe Grace Kelly after a Vailum and a martini. What do you think?


After making our way back up the mountain with our new car, we decided to check on the progress of our new home. Paul and I initially thought we could "cute up" the house we're in now but ultimately decided to find another place to reside. The workman are busy getting it painted and cleaned up with new windows and bath for us to move in on Dec. 1st. It's a really cute little place with views to die for.

This is our view looking down Dancing Trail from the edge of our new deck.



Not too shabby,huh?

2 comments:

Doug Johnson said...

How ironic that your license plate would say "Unspoiled Queen."

LAMama-MSDad said...

Wow! LOVE the house. Did you ever get your stuff?