Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baxter's Birthday Today


Today was "my baby boy's" birthday. Baxter turned 10 years old today and I wish that I had some time to take him to the beach or out for a special day but that didn't happen.

I DID get to sleep in a bit and am feeling a good bit better today. I got up at around 7am and worked till now, 9:50pm. He's (Baxter) relaxing by my side on the couch as we speak and is enjoying his cuddle time with Daddy!

We had a decent night at the restaurant but had one final reservation that booked for a table at 8pm. They showed at almost 8:45pm and we turned them away. Saba, being such a small island needs to survive on business expected and it doesn't make any sense in keeping ovens, fryers and grills on to wait just to serve one table for 2 at nearly an hour later than our last guest.

It's not like having a restaurant in "the big city" that can serve till all hours of the night.

One hotel guest came back and said "why, it's an early night for you" I said it's great because I've been going nonstop for months from before dawn until nearly midnight every day. He told me that I'd die doing that......

Little does he know I already did....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Baxter. Happy B-day little guy.