Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Only" Italian desserts


Paul had decided that he only wants to have "Italian" desserts on the daily menu here at Bistro del Mare and yesterday I pulled an old recipe for Tiramisu and had that available for the evening. That along with Navan Cheesecake, a sorbet trio, Amaretto chocolate mousse with crushed almonds, Italian Wedding Cake with fresh coconut and Vanilla Gelato with dolce de leche biscotti and marscapone cream.

Last night was VERY busy and, quite frankly, the night kicked my ass!!

It started with breakfast service at a little after 6am because 2 rooms needed to check out early for the first flight off the island and it was non stop until after 11pm.

Trish, our night time waitress, said to me towards the end of the night "Gosh, I'm tired". I just looked at her with my famous "you've got to be F*&K*ing kidding me" look.

Up early for another day. Happy Thursday from Saba.

No comments: