Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Day


Today is Groundhog Day in the States which is this corny "holiday" where people go to see the Groundhog who determines whether there's going to be 6 more weeks of Winter or an early Spring depending on whether he sees his shadow or not.

It made me think of my own version of Groundhog Day, The Movie, over the last 2+ months on how each day of my life is the same. Hauling, Lifting, Carrying, Climbing Stairs, Painting, Sanding, Cleaning - - OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

I know I sound like I'm bitching but I'm just plain freakin' tired.

The only divsersion to my own little Groundhog Day experience was today when a toilet in the Ocean View Suite broke loose and flooded a portion of the bathroom and bedroom.

I shut off the water and we cleaned it up but the contractor thought it was funny when he said that the toilet was fed by the HOT water supply, not the cold water.

Having never stuck my finger in the bowl for a good ol' temparature test I didn't know!

Now I know why my "backside" started to sweat whenever I used THAT commode to take care of business. Come to think of it, it was like taking my nether regions to the sauna each time I visited THAT bath!

Perhaps I've started a whole new fad without even knowing it???????

Just think;

"Come to Shearwater Resort and enjoy your own "personal" (ha ha) Steam Bath"

No comments: