Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wedding Day Success!


Yesterday started out quite nice with a beautiful sunrise overlooking Statia but there was only a minute or so of free time to enjoy it because it was "off and running" from the moment I got up.

It was cooking and cleaning all day long to get ready for the wedding. At one point in the mid day I had to run out and search the island for some flowers to make the bride's bouquet. I found some Ginger, Hibiscus, Spider Lillies, Oleander and a few flowering plants that I don't even know what they are. The bouquet was simple but pretty.

The bride looked very pretty in her dress and the groom looked handsome. They arrived shortly after 3pm and got ready for the ceremony to start at 4:30.

The food was a buffet and included mini lamb chops, 2 different style pasta dishes, jumbo shrimp, red snapper, mozzarella caprese with all the accompaniments.

I had some challenges earlier in the day with the wedding cake. It was so hot out that the frosting kept melting on me so I had to keep putting it in the cooler every few minutes but it turned out "OK" in my book but they raved about it so I shouldn't complain.

As the night progressed the wedding party guests started getting a little rowdy, drunk and frisky! Towards the end I went up the check on folks who decided to use the hot tub and there was some full on "action" going on! And more than one couple at the same time! What is it about hot tubs, liquor and music that makes people think they can DO THAT in a public spot??

Today the balance of our initial room guests check out and tonight is the start of Bistro del Mare, the restaurant.

We have a bit of a break (for one day) and going into Valentine's week end we are nearly FULL!!

No comments: