Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day 2010

Today we celebrate and honor the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. And I have to ask the question; Are you doing your part?

I know for myself that I have lots and lots of room to grow!

Recently the District of Columbia instituted a "green grocery" ordinance in an effort to conserve the use of plastic bags. Now every store HAS to charge 5 cents for every bag you use when you make any purchase.

I find that I'm walking more now that I live in the city which is good for me healthwise and also good that I'm not jumping into the car every time I need to run an errand.

Two Feet and A Heartbeat, Baby!!

And simple things like turning off the lights, powering down the computer, using recycled bags.

Now if I can invent a reusable doggie poop bag or get in the habit of blowing my nose into a Kleenex twice instead of once.... OK, maybe this is taking things a little too far.

Happy Earth Day from DC.

No comments: