Monday, April 26, 2010

"Pleasant"ville

Saturday was the day for the Ocean City flea market and mass yard & garage sales. In the middle of town was a collection of of nearly 70 vendors selling their wares plus dozens of private sales around the island.

One vendor was selling old glass door knobs and vintage architectural salvage items. My sister needed a new (old) door for an opening in the house that was discovered when they took the old paneling down.

The lady said she had a salvage shop in Pleasantville and had lots of old doors, stained glass, hinges and other stuff so we decided to take a trip out there.
As it turned out Pleasantville was NOT so pleasant afterall. The whole town had certainly seen better days.

One block had this strip of storefronts which included:

The Discount Divorce Center
Latino Tax Preparers
a Bail Bondsman
The Karaoke Training Center
Shiatsu AND Tantric Massage Salon
and last but not least
The Forever Nail Studio offering nail extensions and "African" weaves!

We finally found our way to the Architecural Salvage place only to see that it was closed.

We wandered around for a while and stumbled into a Thrift shop in hopes of finding some hidden treasure. No such luck.

I did come across a pair of crutches but one of them was about 6 inches shorter than the other "match". I looked at my sister with curiosity in my eyes and she says to me "Please don't go there" I told her they must have belonged to Eileen.

I had to explain to her that the crutches belonged to I Lean.

We literally ran out of the store in hysterical fits of laughter!

1 comment:

Barbara Schick said...

That is the best------------we, in this family, love LAUGHING------especially when we make it up ourselves and then embelish on that.