Sunday, April 25, 2010

What's with Religion?

Yesterday was a chilly day at the beach and so we decided to break in the new "beach" chairs by having a little happy hour on the driveway which shielded us from the winds.

A new neighbor of Lila's came down to introduce herself and said "Hi, I'm Nancy. I'm from the Jewish house a couple of doors up the block"

I thought to myself; "Myself, that was a little odd. How am I supposed to reply? Oh, Hi. I'm Chris and we're from the Episcopalian house right here?"

Well, we exchanged our pleasantries and off she went. Later in the day we walked by her house and the shingle on the gate read "The Hewisch's" and it all made sense.

Good thing I CAN keep my mouth shut from time to time and didn't actually reply as the poor lady would have thought I was off my rocker, or a little more off my rocker than I already am.

1 comment:

Tarynne Wise said...

lol!! could you imagine if you replied?