Thursday, January 7, 2010

African Tulip Trees and How the Other Half Lives


I took a break from packing, hauling, sweeping, cleaning and running up and down the steps today and decided to water some of the newly planted things around the property. Boy was it a hot one today!! I stood up to wipe the sweat from my brow (and other areas of my body) and noticed this African Tulip Tree in full Bloom.


Although this tree is indigenous for Equatorial Africa it does grow quite nicely here in the Tropics. There are several of them around the property and are all in bloom right now.

Here's a close up of the blooms the tree produces.

As I was coming around the balcony with the garden hose I saw this cute little dinghy passing by. WOW! Complete with its own swimming pool on the top deck.


Ahhhh, it's nice to dream just a little bit about how the other half lives!!

No comments: