Friday, January 22, 2010

What is Pithing??


To Pith or Not to Pith; That is the Question:

I always thought Pithing was when clothing, blankets, shawls or sweaters made these little "fuzz balls" which annoys the Hell out of me. Having some doubts as to that meaning I looked it up and found that pithing is a slaughtering technique of livestock. Hmmmmnnnnn.

Regardless of the definition I will stick to MY meaning as it would ruin my story otherwise. (By the way, I wanted to slaughter Paul when this happened so both meanings would work)

After my little electrical mishap I decided it would be best to do some more, shall we say, domestic duties around the property.

I started unpacking the pillows, comforters and linens for the hotel rooms and one decorative piece is this burgandy colored chenille throw for the beds. As soon as I took it out of the bag and laid it on the bed the base sheets were covered in these little red fuzzy things.

Living on Saba it's not like you can just run down to the store and get a case of lint brushes so that sort of annoyed me.

All of the sheets are pure white Egyptian cotton sheets and the thought of having to De-Lint the beds everyday was something I wasn't interested in thinking about.

So I started to think about Pithing and simply burst into laughter. It kind of sounds like a man with a lisp is urinating, doesn't it??

Just think: "Thteve thays to Thuthie: Thorry dear, I can't anthwer the phone. I buthy taking a pith"

Thank goodness I can entertain myself from time to time.

Meanwhile, down below the hotel, Trish made some awesome progress with the Housekeeping area and everything is all neat and tidy, organized and ready to go!!

Happy Friday from Saba.

No comments: