Monday, January 11, 2010

The Pool Debacle Clean Up - Ugh!

The pool debacle clean up was worse than I originally thought. After thousands of gallons of water pump itself into the lower level basement area I realized this "green stuff" all over and figured out that it was the chemicals in the pool that was actually eating away the concrete floor paint. While still wet it was this mucky, yucky green slime. We swept out as much of it as possible and then let it dry with box fans and open windows.

The morning's task was the take a stiff bristle broom and sweep out the remainder of it and then "shop vac" the rest up and then finally mop and clean the areas. I really shouldn't have been wearing flip flops while doing this and now have GREEN TOES!! (My God I need a pedicure - for that matter, I need a whole body extreme makeover!!)

This is some of yesterday's green slime which is, today, a green powdery and I'm sure toxic dust. It will probably take at least 2 or 3 cigarettes just to clear my poor lungs.
Getting down on my hands and knees was tons of fun trying to scrape this stuff out from beside, behind and on the pumps
and heaters!!
Not the most glamorous shot of me in the Hades-like conditions in the recesses of the basement but I just wanted to make sure you all saw my Super Fantastic Glamorous Life I live here in the Tropics!!

Happy Slimy Green Dusty Day from Saba.

No comments: