Saturday, January 9, 2010

Creepy Crawlies


I keep finding all kinds of neat things around the property here at Shearwater Resort. Today I was straining some leaves out of the pool and found this centipede or fire worm which was over a foot long!! These mean fellows will sting the living daylights out of you if you were to step on them. Thank goodness he drowned in the water before I came along today.

We also have our fair share of Iguanas that like to sun themselves on the rock cliff just beyond the pool area.
So far I have 4 "regulars" that hang out each day. I've named them Iggy, Squiggy, Ziggy and Piggy. Only "Piggy" because that's the one that always races to the food that I throw to them first.
They enjoy salad leftovers, carrots and grapes but their absolute favorite is Bananas complete with the skins on!!

No comments: