Monday, January 4, 2010

The Festivities are OVER!


I got this photo of a perfect sunset last night just before heading out to dinner! It's pretty amazing to have such a clear shot from nearly 2,000 feet above sea level and with my little "point and shoot" camera.

The visibility has been fantastic. This neighbor island is 18 miles away. Wow, what a beautiful day it was.

Yesterday maked the end of the Holidays and it's back to work like crazy today. Trish, who works with us, has had family here on vacation and its been nice to spend some time with them. Her Great Aunt, Ms. Margarite is a local/native Saban and will turn 91 years old this year.

She had never been married and I love listening to her "stories of olde" about the island. She's an avid reader and Paul asked her what she likes to read. She replied "Romance novels, but not the naughty ones. What I didn't have in my youth I DON'T need now!"

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch AKA Shearwater Resort, I spent a good part of the week end unpacking boxes from the New Year's Eve delivery. Many boxes contained the beds BUT without headboards, footboards and some side rails so that installation project will have to wait until the next container arrives.

It's great to have supplies, furniture, sinks, lighting and other things arrive but when it comes in bits and pieces it can be a bit frustrating. I feel like we have 27 partial projects going on without any one of them coming to completion.

Hence the pre dawn enty of today's blog due to sleepless nights of concern.

Happy Monday from Saba.

No comments: