Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Flora and Fauna

Today's work day started early, before 7am because we had lots and lots to do today. The first project was to put together the remaining beds in all the rooms. That involved cutting extra bed slats for reinforcement. We felt that for a hotel operation the beds needed the extra support especially since, as Paul put it, there's gonna be a lot of Horizontal Mambo going on. Yuck!!

I pretended to know how to use the power saw but got the job accomplished without any losing parts of my body. It's a good thing because now the ice chest can still be used to hold poolside beverages instead of appendages for a trip to the hospital.

I decided to break a little early because my back hurts, my legs hurt and my hands hurt. I'm very sure that Mr. Arthur Itis will be visiting me tonight.

Since I had a little down time I took a stroll around the property to see what's in bloom and this is what I found. The first shot is a tree below the pool and the blooms look like white Spider Chrysanthemums.

Coming up from the pool towards the hot tub is this pretty white Bouganvilla that we chopped way back and now it's flourishing and in full bloom.

Around the corner from that is this Bird of Paradise Palm tree that has about 4 pods on it.

This guy is in the Lilly family but I don't what kind it is.

And finally is this new little plant that we bought and put in. It's called a Shrimp plant and looks like a little shrimp and blooms in yellow, orange and bright red.

Looks like it's going to be a nice night tonight. Clear skies for a good sunset and cooler temps - down in the low 70's tonight so it's finally sweater weather!!

1 comment:

Barbara Schick said...

I've never seen a white bouganvilla, it's beautiful as are all other plants.